Environmental policy awareness
Athens Psiri Hotel is located in the center of Athens, the largest city in Greece and is an important tourist destination with a very high historical and cultural value.
Actions of Athens Psiri Hotel inside the accommodation
- Saving water
- information on not wasting water and unnecessary use of air conditioners and saving the use of light bulbs.
- Energy saving application of passive systems
- building orientation on the B-N axis
- large thickness of external masonry
- thermal insulation of the roof
- air conditioner traps to stop using air conditioners when they windows-doors are open
- use of energy saving lamps
- good ventilation
- hot water from heat pumps inverter type
- all rooms with windows
- Inverter type VRV cooling and heating systems
- Rooms use magnetic cards to save energy. Their use avoids reckless consumption of electricity and minimizes the risk of fire.
- Installation of luminaires with motion and presence detector in public areas-corridors.
- LED type for all lamps and bulbs in the house with high energy efficiency.
- Information and public awareness (staff, visitors, partners, suppliers) Brochures
- Information on the Protection and Promotion of Natural, Historical and Cultural Monuments and Sites
- Information on environmental programs for the protection of wildlife and natural resources
- Application of recycled paper, plastic, glass and metal.
- High absorbency and low emission materials in the coating of the non-planted environment space
- Recycling batteries, light bulbs, electronic equipment, etc. which are received from the recycling services or we deliver to the local centers ourselves.